8.24.2006

Back in Provo

Well, the summer is officially over. I have my computer set up back home, which I guess means I'm here for good. At least for the next couple of weeks.

Here is the wrap up on the last week of the internship. My wife left, so I ate bento's every day. It's not that I can't cook, I just didn't want to.

I interviewed for a couple of different desks. It was pretty good. I think that I may get something out of it. On an interesting note, one of the people I spoke with, Tamio Honma who works in Sales said that he goes to Alta every year around Christmas time to ski. He has not prior connections with Utah but simply loves the skiing. Well, people told me that there are those that come from all over the world to ski here. I finally met such a person.

Also, just a couple of days ago, a person from Goldman Sachs email for an interview. I didn't think I had really impressed the guy at Goldman, but he did call for an interview. So that's good.

Other than that, the last week was not a whole lot different than previous weeks. I spent most of my last two days making sure all the work I did was transfered to the correct people and saved on the correct drives. I imagine that a lot of stuff could potentially get lost.

Anyway, the flight home was okay. I rode the train out to the airport. Not the NEX, but the regular train, the Yokosuka-sen. It was not so great. It took a long time, and it was rough luggin my suitcases and things around Tokyo station. Anyway, I would definately say that the 15 dollars extra to take the limosine bus is a lot better. The flight was okay, but security has been so tough lately, that things that didn't matter on the way over were now a big deal. Like water bottles, carry-ons, and the like. I guess it's the price to pay to feel safer, but something tells me that if someone was determined to get something bad on the plan, there is not much that the security on the plan is going to do to stop them.

Well, being home is good. I now have the duty to sort through and tag all the pictures we took. I think we have over 2 gig worth of media just from this trip. That, and I'm downloading the torrent for kekkon dekinai otoko. Well, good times.