8.07.2006

Evaluation Day

August 2nd 2006

Today was good. Brad and I spent a lot of time talking when we were doing the intern review for HR. He gave me really good marks, and seemed to think that I have a shot in Investment Banking. We talked about his career, wow, he has experienced quite a few interesting things. We talked about my plans. We talked about why he never went into the banking side. We talked about his career plans. It was cool. There was good connection. One thing was kind of funny, we couldn’t come up with a negative characteristic for the review. I wanted to find one, mostly because I know that there are plenty of things that I can work on. I also wanted to find one because I know when you can’t find one, people think that you aren’t self aware. Brad wasn’t that concerned about it though, and when I gave a couple of suggestions, he said that he didn’t think that they were really weaknesses. We talked about writing down one of the weaknesses that are actually strengths, like they teach you to do in interview classes. But I think we both thought that was ridiculous. Anyway, I have learned a lot from Brad. Quite a few things about OR and risk management, but more things about working in a corporation, working in a system and trying to find ways to value add in that system.