8.07.2006

August...Wow

August 1st 2006

Wow, August already. Well last year at this time, I was hanging out, working a little, playing a lot. I haven’t golfed in a while, and I miss that. I have loved being in Japan and doing all these cool things on weekends, and working in a sweet office, and learning a lot of things, but I also miss some things about being home for the Summer. i.e. Road trips with mine and Kimi’s families, BBQ’s and sitting out on the grass, golfing and eating hotdogs, going for walks around the temple grounds, and things like that. I have still gotten to do some of the things that I love to do on summer holidays: go to baseball games (I’ve been to two), watch movies (does J-dorama and Napoleon in Japanese count?) and travel. I guess there are more summers working a head and I have a precious few summer holiday’s left. I’m glad though, we spent this one the way we have.

Work today was good. I finished a couple more things for the Risk Dashboard, I worked on the KOP and a couple of other things. I also scheduled a couple of meetings with other people. Brad seems to think that I have a shot at other departments. I want to see what I can do, and at least get a couple of interviews. I don’t know if I have the kind of in-your-face attitude that seems to be what people are looking for, but Brad doesn’t think that is necessary.