4.04.2006

Visit from Mimasaka

Last week, 16 or so students from Mimasaka University visited BYU. I had the privilage of meeting them and touring a bit before the students competed with the track team. I'm not sure about the outcome of the meet, but as for the relations aspect of things, I believe things went well.

They picked BYU out of any school in the nation to visit. After traveling all the way from Okayama Japan, I hope we met their expectations.

We visited Park City, in particular the ski jumping and boblsed/luge venues. We walked down Main Street and bought silly souviniers. I had a good time with these very personable, very kind and generous students. I think they enjoyed the atmosphere at BYU and loved the scenic trip through Provo canyon and Heber.

I enjoyed speaking Japanese with the students and talking to them about Utah. I guess sometimes it takes explaining this place to a visitor that helps me realize how many really neat things this state has to offer.

I also realized the amazing work of Guest Services. What a neat job, to meet visitors/dignitaries from around the world. They do a top notch job.

Here are a couple of links about the meet.
http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=7705
http://utahstateaggies.cstv.com/sports/c-track/recaps/033106aaa.html